ARK Looneybin Server Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by lolercaustic, Jun 19, 2015.

1. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

@MeoLeeroy seems with the last patch there was a bit of a rollback about 3 days alot of ppl lose 3 days work you have to remember this is an EA game so sometimes there might be hiccups just have to deal with them and move forward our tribe has rebuilt 3 buildings and gotten new dinos since then and the XP gain hasnt changed u still get XP for doing nothing and even more for when ppl r making thing and u stand around and do nothing

2. MoLeeroy

MoLeeroy Lurker

@iSpeZz Yea i'm not mad about the rollback I know things like that happen but the xp is definitely not working correctly at the moment. I tried it last few nights and the other people who were online were experiencing the same thing. It has been like that since the new patch was implemented. I think others have experienced it as well because the amount of people regularly on the server has been very low since the new patch. Maybe someone could just look into it? I can try and take a video of how it is currently working to show you if you want?

3. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

i havent personally notice anything with the XP i been lvling my dinos fine as well as i maxed lvled when the patch was release i can ask the mod to look into it but im not sure there anything wrong with it and the pop is low because of the 3day roll back alot of ppl were upset about it but there nothing we can do but i will have MORG look into the XP and see if it the same as it was before or as it is on the reg. servers

4. MoLeeroy

MoLeeroy Lurker

Dinos level normally, just player leveling seems to be a bit off. Thanks I appreciate it. Yea I can see how people would be upset, sadly that weekend was a very active weekend on the server so i'm sure many people lost a lot of hard work, including myself, but it's in the past and now it's time to rebuild! hehe Maybe we need lowco to play Ark for like half a stream just to rehype the server. ;)

5. egret85

egret85 Fresh Meat

yesterday I logged in to find one of our doors missing and most everything within our base stolen. Our base is on the PvE side of the Map. I though the new rules were to stop this kind thing. Anyway to find out who is responsible?

6. Tuxzilla

Tuxzilla Lurker

Base raiding is illegal no matter what side of the map you are on. The problem is unless you catch them in the act, you can't tell who did it to punish.

7. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Yeah, unfortunately the ARK devs have not implemented server logs yet, which will allow us(hopefully) to see who is destroying what/when.

I am not sure there is much I can do egret85, but feel free to PM me here or on twitch chat or chat with me in-game. I would like to see where your base is and get a more definite timeframe on when the break-in occured.

8. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

MoLeeroy - in answer to your XP question, all I can say is that the Server XP Multiplier has not been changed - it's still set at 1.0 which is the default - so if there is a difference or a bug it lies in the ARK gamecode. I would suggest checking the ARK reddit or Steam forums to see if any other players are seeing the same behavior.

9. MoLeeroy

MoLeeroy Lurker

@MORGsmash I found the reason why it felt like it was incorrect, as you level higher the amount of xp needed at certain "milestones" is much larger than normal levels so it felt like it was wrong because I needed 2k xp for the level instead of 500xp which it normally is. We are all good now, thanks for looking into it though. Sorry for the bother.

10. iSpeZz

iSpeZz Lurker

OH.... so im here to clear up things with egret85. claims of base raiding ... no one raided ur base ur tribe member left ur tribe and took all the stuff there was on base raiding..... there was a roll back and they might have been stuck in ur old building and that was they had to break the door to get themselfs out but no one raided ur base.... ur own tribe member left and took everything since the rest of u dont log on

11. I am writing this to report a player named FriedRice who killed one of my dinos. I have 3 screenshots of the the notice of this person killing my dino, the pack that I found after he was killed by one of my dinos on the roof, which is where he/she killed my dodo, and of the pack that he left behind when he died. (HTML)
    http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Ashtailmoon/media/2015-07-24_00009_zps8wm7vwcg.jpg.html

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Ashtailmoon/media/2015-07-24_00011_zpsoqjtbl3h.jpg.html

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Ashtailmoon/media/2015-07-24_00010_zpsatfpdihb.jpg.html

MORGsmash likes this.
  12. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

Thank you for the report and corroborating images. I'll take care of it

13. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

FriedRice of the "nothing to see here" tribe has been banned.

14. Joulkath

Joulkath Fresh Meat

Nevermind

15. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

ok :)

16. MoLeeroy

MoLeeroy Lurker

Hey guys I was just curious since our server is kinda refreshed at the moment, is there any chance to potentially increase gathering by 1x or so? Just to help out those who still play? Since we increased taming recently too? I don' think a 1x bump would throw things out of whack but would still be a nice little help to those tribes who are solo or tribemates don't play anymore.

17. JaadooPlays

JaadooPlays Fresh Meat

Could someone give me the IP and port of the server? I'm unable to find it in the steam server list... :(

EDIT: Got the IP and port on stream. Can't remember it right now. Just remember the port does not start with a 7. :)

Hey guys, how long does it usually take, till a new update is applied to the server?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
  18. MORGsmash

MORGsmash Lurker

hi Jadoo - I usually check to see if the ARK devs have done an update 3 times a day - the hours vary a bit but it's basically Early AM, just before Lowco starts streaming and just after she ends. If I know there's an update coming that day, I check more often, Usually every hour or two. Occasionally, real life comes along and I'll be out all day running errands just when they decide to drop a big patch. But most times I get to them pretty quick. I'm in the US Easten time zone btw for reference.

I always check to see if anyone is logged in and try to warn them before taking the server down, but ARKON is sometimes a little buggy with ARK, so I can't always log in and warn. It's a known problem in arK

19. MoLeeroy

MoLeeroy Lurker

Hi MORG, I think we need a server update. We are a bunch of updates behind right now and I think it's causing problems on the server. We are on 226.3 and the current version is 226.8. Could you update it ASAP? Thanks!